UpNourish LIPOSOMAL VEGAN VITAMIN D3 + K2 is manufactured using the most advanced liposome technology. It is certified VEGAN by vegan.org. One bottle contains 150 mini softgels and each softgel supplies 5000 IU (125 mcg) vitamin D3, 400 mcg Vitamin K2 MK-4 and 100 mcg Vitamin K2 MK-7.
- Promote strong bones*
- Support strong teeth*
- Support mood*
- Promote cardiovascular health*
- Balance daily stress*
- Support cognitive health*
- Amp up immune function*
- Reduce the risk of vitamin D deficiency*
- Reduce the risk of vitamin K deficiency*
Liposomes were discovered in 1965 by Bangham and they are tiny little spherical vesicles with a bilayer structure made of phosphatidyl lipids. The unique lipid-based bilayer structure renders liposomes the best vehicle to deliver both hydrophilic (water-liking) and hydrophobic (water-fearing) nutrients directly into cells in body.
Liposomes are made of food-grade phosphatidyl lipids such as phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylglycerol and etc., derived from sunflower, soy or egg yolk. Liposomes are safe as they are naturally occurring as major components of cell membranes in the human body.
Vitamin D is known as “sunshine” vitamin as it is produced in skin when it is exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D plays critical role in many aspect of health:
- Help body absorb calcium and phosphorus from foods;
- Supports strong bones and teeth;
- Promote cardiovascular health;
- Support mood and balance stress;
- Boost immune function;
- Help loose weight.
There are two forms of vitamin K, K1 and K2. Vitamin K1 can be found in plant foods such as leaf greens while vitamin K2 exists in animal foods and fermented foods. Vitamin K2 MK-4 and MK-7 benefit differently after being absorbed into the body.
- Promote blood coagulation to stop bleeding;
- Promote heart health by preventing calcium build-up in the arteries;
- Help deliver calcium into bone;
- Support strong bones and teeth;
- Improve insulin sensitivity;
- Support cognitive health;
- Improve symptoms of varicose veins.
Vitamin D deficiency is very common. In US, 41% of adults in the United States are vitamin D deficient and 30% is vitamin D insufficient. Vitamin D and vitamin K work synergistically as a perfect pair to support various health conditions. Many factors can affects your ability to get sufficient amount vitamin D and Vitamin K2:
- Follows vegan/vegetarian diet or would like to take a gelatin-free product.
- Being in an area with high pollution;
- Using sunscreen;
- Spending more time indoors;
- Inadequate sun exposure;
- Having darker skin;
- Routinely taking anticoagulants;
- Vegans or vegetarians;
- Older adults who produce vitamin D and absorb vitamin K2 less efficiently.