UpNourish Magnesium Glycinate contains 500mg glycine chelated magnesium per capsule. Magnesium is an essential mineral required to facilitate hundreds of biochemical reactions in our body. Our vegetarian and vegan formula contains 500mg highest potency of magnesium glycinate (AKA magnesium bisglycinate), which is the most bioavailable form of magnesium for the body to absorb.
- Magnesium may calm mind and relax muscle;*
- Magnesium may boost exercise performance;*
- Magnesium may support healthy blood sugar levels;*
- Magnesium may support healthy blood pressure;*
- Magnesium may support restful sleep;*
- Magnesium may support bone health;*
Magnesium is an essential nutrient that our body can’t make. Magnesium is obtained from foods or from supplements. Foods high in magnesium include green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds and wholegrains. Men under 30 need 400 milligrams (mg) of magnesium per day and men over 31 need 420mg a day. Women under 30 need 310mg each day and 320mg a day after 31. Pregnant and breastfeeding women, however, need more than that, approximately 350 to 360mg a day.
Studies show that between 68%-75% of American adults are magnesium deficient. Low levels of magnesium over time can lead to low calcium and potassium levels. Severe magnesium deficiency can cause numbness, tingling, muscle cramps, seizures, personality changes, and an abnormal heart rhythm.
Benefits of magnesium include
- Support nerve and muscle health;*
- Support healthy blood sugar levels;*
- Support healthy blood pressure levels;*
- Support bone health;*
- Support relaxation, calming and sleep;*
Magnesium glycinate is also known as magnesium bisglycinate. It is the magnesium salt of glycine where one magnesium combined with two glycinate atoms. The unique molecular structure of magnesium glycinate helps pass through cell membrane for a better absorption and bioavailability. In addition, studies have demonstrated that magnesium glycinate does not cause digestive discomfort that generally associated with magnesium supplementation.