Facts of Hair Loss in Women
Hair is one of the fastest growing organs in human body, it grows in an average of ½ inch per month. Everyone loses hair, it is normal to lose 50-100 hair a day. If you lose more than 100 hairs a day, you will see the hair start thinning visibly. In fact, 40% of American women are experiencing abnormal hair loss and 80% women will have noticeable hair loss by age 60.
Hair loss is detrimental to women’s social confidence, self image and emotional well-being. A recent survey showed that 66% women think about hair loss at least once a day and another 25% women think about hair loss every week. Women avoid some activities just because they believe those activities increases chances of hair loss. 36% women tell partners not to touch their hair; 30% women avoid visiting hairdressers more than once in 2 weeks; and 28% women avoid swimming because they are are afraid of hair loss.
Hair Life Cycle
Each hair has its own life cycle. Hair life cycle includes four phases – Anagen phase, Catagen phase, Telogen phase and Exogen phase.
- Anagen phase: hair growth phase; a follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month for 2-7 years. About 90% of hair is in anagen phase.
- Catagen phase: transition phase; after growing for 2-6 years, hair growth stops for about a month. About 2% hair in catagen phase.
- Telogen phase: resting phase; the follicle is resting and preparing for the next growth cycle. Telogen phase lasts for 2-4 months. About 8% hair in telogen phase.
- Exogen phase: hair shedding phase; majority of hair shedding occurs during the exogen phase. We lose 50-100 hairs every day as the result.
Hair Loss Causes
So long as hair life cycle is not interrupted, your hair will be healthy and won’t shed at abnormal rate. However, there are factors impact hair life cycles including aging, imbalanced nutrition, medication, stress, hormone fluctuation, lifestyle, and major life events.
What Is KERANAT?
KeranatTM is a patented complex of miliacin, extracted from millet seed, and food grade natural polar lipids. The polar lipids encapsulate miliacin, creating an extremely small structure called micelle. The process is similar to how human body digests fat but much more effective. Micelle increases the chances of KeranatTM being absorbed into body and delivered to hair bulb underneath the scalp.
How Does KERANAT Help Hair Loss?
Once KeranatTM enters hair bulb, it stimulates hair cell multiplication by 140%, leading to a much faster hair growth and much less hair loss. In addition, KeranatTM increases the thickness of collagen layer around the hair bulb by 20%. The thicker collagen layer stands for stronger hair root. A strong hair root will prevent hair falling out under regular treatment such as combing, washing, drying, dying and etc.
Two human clinical studies have investigated the impact of KeranatTM on hair loss and hair beauty. hair beauty and brightness are evaluated by a dermatologist through clinical scoring. Below are clinical results:
- 91% women noticed a decrease of hair loss after using KeranatTM for 3 months
- Average hair loss was reduced by 50% after using KeranatTM for 3 months
- 75% women noticed an increase of hair brightness, softness and silkiness for 3 months